5 Reasons To Watch Limasawa, A Filipino Cultural Show
Some 70 Filipinos based in the Philippines are coming to Dubai to stage a cultural show called Limasawa, an event happened some 400 years ago.
Limasawa is a small municipality in the province of Leyte, Philippines. It was derived from the word limang asawa or five wives in direct English translation.
Limasawa is also the first place in Asia to stage a Christian mass, and so the place is called “The Cradle of Christianity.”
The performers will perform the cultural and educational show on June 5 at the Sheikh Rashid Auditorium, Dubai from 7 pm onwards, and it’s for free.
Less than a week before the one-night show, we’ll give you five reasons to watch Limasawa.
1. It’s for free. Everyone loves free shows. You will not spend even a single dirham when you watch the show. Aside from enjoying the privilege, you may also learn new things and about the history of the Philippines.
2. Raffle draws. Organizers have revealed that they are going to have a lot of raffle draws in the venue before and in-between the show. Goods and coupons are to be won by audience. Gift hampers and other merchandizes will also be distributed in the venue.
3. More gifts. The sponsors of the show will be having their own booth to give away some merchandizes – or even food vouchers! I’ve heard that a private company will give a set of TV!
4. Very accessible. The venue is very accessible to the metro station. You just need to get down at the Oud Metha Metro Station and walk a little. The Sheikh Rashid Auditorium is just opposite of St. Mary’s Church.
5. Meet new friends. The show will not be all about learning. It’s also about meeting new friends and building new network. It will not only be attended by normal people; big bosses are also expected to grace the Filipino event.