Did You Know That Tomatoes Have A Bad Effect On Your Teeth?
It has been hacked on a rock long time ago that having a great set of teeth means having a good appearance.
But achieving clean and healthy teeth requires one brushing, flossing and regular dental cleans and check-ups.
Klinika Maharlika’s General Dentists Marvin Felix and Wilbert Fernandez share some tips to have a set of strong and clean teeth.
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Avoid over brushing it might damage your tooth enamel.
2. Use fluoride toothpaste. It strengthens your enamel and helps repair the early stages of tooth decay.
3. Avoid eating sugary foods and soda drinks. Things like dark soda, red wine, tomatoes, and coffee contain a combination of acids and pigments that can discolor or weaken your enamel.
4. Avoid grinding your teeth by wearing night guard. There are custom-fitted guards that can protect your teeth.
5. Get regular checkups at least 2-3 times a year, depending on the lifestyle of the individual/patient. Good oral care is more than just proper brushing. Remember to floss and brush your tongue—because a healthy mouth and gums help keep teeth healthy and white, too.