These Are The Most Common Legal Problems That UAE Residents Face That You Should Avoid
Updated: Sep 13, 2018
Every country has different laws to be followed. There are things that you can do in your country freely that are crimes in other places.
Atty. Barney Almazar, during his talk at the Global Pinoy Idol 2018 on Friday, September 7 at the Crowne Plaza, specified the five common legal problems that Filipinos get involved to.
He summarizes it into five Is.
1. Indebtedness – this problem is caused by loans, credit card that resulted to having police case, according to Almazar. He advised attendees not to loan more than the money that they need so they don’t face this.
2. Immorality and infidelity – if some Filipinos can sleep with any other people, this practice is frowned upon in the UAE. And although it’s illegal in the UAE, some still do it anyway and get caught by the local authorities.
3. Illegal recruitment – thousands of Filipinos are being trafficked every year. They are illegally recruited and promised of fake jobs.
4. Improper or fake documents – Almazar noted that those fake documents made in Recto (a place where fake documents are done in the Philippines) are not allowed in the UAE and is also punishable under the local laws.
5. Investment scam – Filipinos are duped by investment scams in the UAE. Firms promising them of a good payback after investing a small amount of money.